SLIMMING WORLD VEGETARIAN
Looking for a healthy way to entertain without piling on the pounds? Give these healthy crisps a go – although they are classed as a ‘tweak’ in Slimming World, if you don’t go on a binge-fest, they should hit the spot and give you a crunchy treat at the same time.
You can make this with as many or as few potatoes as you need or want, just choose a size that suits you best and off you go.
A mandoline and/or microwave crisp maker set
4 x potatoes (or amount to suit)
Seasoning as desired
1. Peel potatoes.
2. Slice thinly with mandolin and spread to dry on kitchen roll if wet.
3. Press more kitchen roll on top to soak up any excess liquid.
4. Place on microwave crisp maker (or baking tray if cooking in oven).
5. Spray with Frylight and sprinkle with flavouring if required (you can use any dried spice..chilli, garlic, whatever takes yor fancy!)
6. Cook potato slices until crispy (you may need to turn them). I used a microwave crisp maker, (which can take around 3-6 minutes depending on your microwave), and threw them in the oven for a few minutes to really crisp them up afterwards.
7. Serve in a bowl with a good dose of Syn Free Garlic Dip
It takes a while to get used to tasting potato instead of oil but these make a great snack for an occasional treat or when you are entertaining.
Remember, these are counted as a ‘tweak’, so don’t go overboard! If you’re doing the eating plan strictly by the book, you should count 3.5 syns per 28gms crisps.