ROASTED GARLIC SWEET POTATOES AND RED ONION
VEGETARIAN SLIMMING WORLD RECIPE
I’ll admit it, I’ve never been a big fan of sweet potatoes, I missed out on the craze for sweet potato fries because, well..they were too sweet…but since cooking with them myself, I’ve realised that they can be actually quite nice, if combined with the right ingredients.
I recently served this side dish with Roasted Cauliflower Pizza Steaks and it went perfectly. It’s pretty quick and easy to do, so why not give it a go – you might be surprised!
4 x Sweet potatoes
3 x Red onions
7 x Cloves of fresh garlic
Coarse ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 230°C. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes.
2. Boil in salted water until they start to soften (but don’t let them get too soft).
3. Cut three red onions into quarters and put onto a baking tray with the par-boiled potato slices.
4. Peel, crush and slice/dice 7 cloves of fresh garlic, add to baking tray.
5. Spray with Frylight and sprinkle with black pepper.
6. Roast for about 40 minutes, turning a few times and adding a bit more Frylight if needed.
Tasty, easy to make and syn free! Makes a change from the same boring old side dishes.
No real downside to this, as long as you don’t mind the slightly sweeter taste of the potatoes.