Homity Pie Recipe
SLIMMING WORLD VEGETARIAN
Homity pie is a recipe from the Slimming World app, with a few changes I made myself. It looks good, tastes good and is perfect for those cold nights and when you are really craving comfort food.
Low calorie cooking spray
200g frozen peas
2 garlic cloves
A tablespoon of freshly chopped chives
2 free range eggs
85ml of vegetable stock
160g reduced fat extra mature cheese (serves 4 so 4 x 40g healthy option A)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp mustard powder
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°F/Gas 7. Spray a medium-sized ovenproof dish with low calorie cooking spray.
2. Peel, cube and boil the potatoes until tender (nice and soft so you can mash them). Drain and set aside.
3. Chop/dice the onions, peel & crush the garlic and thinly slice the leeks.
4. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray. Stir-fry the onions, leeks and peas until softened.
5. Add mashed potato, garlic, chives, vegetable stock, mustard powder and half the cheese.
6. Lightly beat the eggs and add to the mixture. Give it a good stir.
7. Spoon mixture into dish and top wth remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, sprinkle the top with coarse ground black pepper.
9. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until golden.
10. Boil the green beans and serve with a good slice of pie (firmer and easier to slice if allowed to cool for a while).
Looks good, tastes good and is really filling. I was pretty impressed and will certainly be trying this one again, it certainly didn’t feel like eating ‘diet food’. Will certainly cook this again!
Can’t find anything bad to say about this!